The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Monday, April 30, 2007

Well we didn't find out anything about Josie at the ultrasound with the technicians refusing to give out any information. We have another appointment with the paediatrician tomorrow though and I'm assuming that if anything serious was wrong that they would have called us in earlier?

Atticus spent the day at the beach with his Nana & Great Nana & Pa rather than tagging along to the Doctors and had an amazing time. Unfortunately as I was putting away one of his dinosaurs I gave him a bit of a flick (as he was wet from playing in the beach with Atti) and managed to cop an eye full of sand. After repeated rinsing I decided that I just couldn't get it all out myself and had to head off to the Doctors the next day to have it removed. Unfortunately he couldn't get it all out either and my next step was an ophthalmologist who peeled back my eyelid and explained that the sand was gone but I'd have limited vision in my eye for the next couple of days while the scratches healed. This for a lady who can't even bear to wear eye liner as I'm so freaked by having anything near my eye balls! It was a very distressing day to say the least ... and lets hope I never need contacts.

After much moping about the house lately I decided yesterday afternoon to put Justin out of his misery and to agree to leave the kids with the outlaws and to see Spiderman 3. He was delirious with happiness and the kids behaved pretty well for their babysitters. Josie didn't drink a whole of her milk though (about 25mls) and demanded I feed her again when we returned home. I finished at 10.30pm and resigned myself to an unsettled night only to have her finally wake up for breakfast at 8.30am!!!

I've attached a pic of Atticus and his friend Carlyn taken from a play date on Friday. Seems that Atticus is now somewhat of an authority on toilet training and he was offering Carlyn some tips (and some light reading material) ;-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home