The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Friday, March 30, 2007

Not so silent reflux ...

Who would have believed that lightning could have struck twice in the same spot?

After a couple of weeks of Josie's constant screaming we took her to the GP on Wednesday to rule out some physically being wrong with her and Sue seems to think she's showing all the classic signs of silent reflux just like her big bro. Of course, in the back of my head I suspected as much but who would have believed we would have to go through this twice!

Josephine is currently on a course of Zantac and I have to take her back if she's not improved within a week to have a chat about what the next step might be (probably Losec). In the meantime we've elevated everything (at least we know what we're doing this time), started wearing the baby whenever possible and have started to accept the vomity smell that seems to be almost constantly in the air. This too shall pass ... hopefully sooner rather than later!

On a positive note, Atticus seems far less phased about the crying than I'd imagined (he's coping far better than I am that's for sure) and is very helpfull and loving in his attempts to 'kiss her and make it better' and to sing her to sleep. Bless him ... he really is an angel.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home