The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just Magic!

After surviving for over a month on an average of 3 hours sleep a night we were beginning to think that the bassinette was just something to hold teddy bears. One day in the last week she only slept a total of an hour and fifteen minutes between 9am and 11pm! In desperation we finally called in the big guns! My girlfriend Vikki's Mum is a Mother Craft Nurse and she spent the afternoon with us on Monday setting up a routine, teaching us some settling techniques and basically teaching us what we'd been doing wrong.

After two days of solid crying (both from Josie, Atticus and myself) things started to change on the Thursday. All of a sudden things were very quiet ... and she was sleeping ... a lot ... like a newborn is supposed too!

I can't tell you how magic the Mothercraft Nurse's gift to us has been! Josephine now sleeps around 8-9 hours at night (with a dream feed in the middle to tide her over). Goes down at the same time as Atti at night and during the day so I'm actually getting a rest myself in the middle of the day. I can't tell you how relieved/shocked I am. It's almost too good to be true!

The result is a much happier household. It's amazing what a difference some sleep can make ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home