The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Vegemite is tasty!

Apparently it does wonders for your complexion too ;-)

In other news, Justin and I have been taking Atticus to the pools on a weekly basis in a effort to overcome this new found fear he's developed of the water. He was fine for the first swimming lesson but ever since becomes hysterical and clings to Justin or me with both his legs and arms whenever we put him in the pool. It's quite a change from his usual love of the water (and quite distracting for his class mates too I'd imagine). I've been told he's just become more 'aware' of his environment (ie has just realised that the water is deep and he can't breathe in the water) and that he'll outgrow it in time. It is very frustrating though. He's fine in the water if he can stand so we're making an effort to take him to the pool as often as possible to reinforce the whole fun aspect (although I doubt splashing in the toddler pool will teach him many swimming skills). If things continue on the way they have been though I think we'll have to give the classes up for the time being.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home