The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A prime example of the 'second child syndrome' here with us having to actually put Josie back into her bassinette over a month after she's moved to the cot as we discovered that we forgot to actually take any pictures of her in her bassinette *blush*. Even Josie looks confused! "What am I doing back in this thing" is quite obviously what she's thinking! I'd better go and take some pictures of her in her cot now (which we haven't done either) before she moves into a bed!

Josephine has been very unsettled of late with lots of crying and wanting to feed every couple of hours so I took her to the health nurse yesterday to find out she's only put on 175 grams in three weeks which means she's only put on 250 grams in the past two months. The scary thing is that Atticus was actually heavier than Josie at two months of age and she started off ahead! Her progress is 'stalled' according to the nurse and it's because my milk supply has dropped dramatically which they put down to stress. I guess there has been a lot going on lately ... the scare with Josie's heart, the scare with Josie's Bronchiolitis and the trip to hospital, the issues we've been having with Atticus (and the fact that Atticus has now dropped his day sleep). I guess it's not really that surprising but it did give me a big scare.

So I'm back to demand feeding and I'm taking some herbal supplements to help boost my supply (thanks Dee)! Hopefully when we weigh her again in two weeks time I'll have good news.


2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the supplement works Jools, Anna seems to have settled down heaps since I have been taking it and I think I can even hear the amount of milk going in her when she is feeding - fingers crossed we will get a good result when we go for our weigh in next week. Dee :-)

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home