The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

When it rains ...

Atti used to be the most placid and happy baby I've ever seen until a couple of weeks ago when he started screaming for long periods of time for absolutely no reason I could fathom and almost completely stopped smiling. I took him to the GP (two different ones) before finally getting a referral to see a paedetrician (sp?) He's since been diagnosed with silent reflux and after no luck with Zantac we are now on Losec. However, it's been a week since we started the medication and I really haven't noticed a significant improvement. In fact last night and the night before he screamed so much that he turned blue (this from a baby that up until a couple of weeks ago had NEVER screamed). I'm at a loss about what to do? He's been to see 4 doctor's in the past fortnight and no one can find anything significantly wrong with him but I can't help but feel as if something just isn't right? He has thrush on his tongue as well (which I'm currently treating) but that couldn't be causing him anywhere near the pain he's expressing. He only catnaps during the day but it's usually around 4 hours of catnaps in total and then he does a further 12 hours at night on average so I know he's not tired. His appetite is as healthy as ever (although he does often cry while feeding as it seems to hurt him to swallow). His nappies are wet .. his poos are frequent .. apologies for the extent of detail but I'm just trying to tell you everything I can think of in the hope that someone will be able shed some light on his behaviour! I feel so helpless and am starting to get very depressed about the situation. All I want is for my little boy to be happy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home