The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Saturday, December 10, 2005

We had a super hectic day today!

First thing this morning we took Floyd to the vets for his last vaccination only to find out that the hernia operation that he'd had about a month before hadn't worked and that he requires further surgery! He's booked in for Monday and fingers crossed that this time everything goes smoothly!

After lunch Atticus had a swimming class (he's been moved into the Intermediate class too) and he seems to have finally mastered walking on the mat! He's also a pro at blowing bubbles and kicking his feet (although not always on command).

Next we headed into the city for IBM's kids Xmas party which was held at the Aquarium where Atticus had an absolute ball. He got a showbag full of toys, a free icecream and he was absolutely amazed by the fish. We had a really hard time getting him to move from exhibit to exhibit with each new fish as amazing as the last. I swear, all he did all day was gasp and point!

Don't let go of the plastic dog whatever you do! Posted by Picasa


Atti & his aqua buddies Posted by Picasa

On another topic completely, Atticus finally weaned himself this morning ... he's no longer a boobie man (or at least he's having a break for a decade or so) ;-) The timing was perfect as I would have had to wean him on Tuesday anyway as I'm having surgery on Wednesday so he's beat me to it by four days! I'm still a bit sad about it but it's getting easier and I'm so proud that I've been able to feed him for as long as I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home