The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Good night sweet prince

Monty passed away this morning. He was at home and didn't suffer.

He started struggling to breathe last night and so we called the vet out this morning. She said that this was the point where surviving turned to suffering and that the cancer in his throat was making it difficult for him to breathe so the choice was made really easy for us (the actual procedure not so easy to endure). He's in the front yard now and we've planted a Japanese Snowball tree on his grave to remember him by (I thought white fluffy blossoms were very apt).

Feels like someone's ripped my still beating heart from my chest at the moment ... but I'm told that time does wonders.

It's just not fair. He was two years and three months old. Justin and I will miss him dearly and sadly Atticus won't remember him at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home