The Atticus Chronicles

Howdy Folks! After waiting very patiently for my husband to set up a web page for my son for almost a year I figured it was high time that I took matters into my own hands. Introducing our Family Blog! I hope to get on here fairly regularly to let you all know about the adventures of our family and to post the latest pic's of Atticus. Stay tuned ...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Conceding Defeat

Yesterday we received the news that despite our best efforts (natural therapies, steroids, chemotherapy and radiation) Monty's lymphoma has spread into his throat and possibly further.

Well ... you can't say we didn't try! We hit it with everything we had but unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be.

He's in good spirits at the moment (playing with his siblings, bringing us scrunchies and showing his belly to anyone who passes by) but the vet warns me that the cancer is very aggressive and we're probably looking at weeks rather than months.

Justin and I are grateful for the extra time that we've had with our special little fluffy man and would like to thank everyone for your kind words and support over the past couple of months. Hopefully the next couple of weeks (although hard) will offer us some special memories too. In fact, just his morning Atticus picked up his hair brush and started to brush his own hair for the first time and when I gave him a standing ovation he then proceeded to brush Monty as well!

A short time is better than no time at all ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home